Sunday, November 22, 2009

Menu Plan - Week of November 23

My menu for this week is a little bit sketchy still. With some traveling for Thanksgiving, I have basic plans for the first part of the week, but I haven't planned too much for after the holiday. We do still have a few dishes in the freezer, so I can always pull those out if needed, but otherwise, here's the tentative plan:

Vegetable bean soup - I'm just going to make this up, using whatever I find in the fridge, pantry and freezer. I know I still have quite a few kidney beans to use.


Autumn tagine (moroccan stew with lentils and cauliflower)


We'll spend Thanksgiving at my grandma's house, and I'm going to take a cranberry dish, probably this Fresh Cranberry Salad.

I have to say, even though we eat mostly vegetarian, I am looking forward to the big Thanksgiving meal, including the turkey. And I love that we have a big family get-together with lots of side dishes to sample. Our meals here at home are often one-dish meals, usually with only one side dish, if even that. So it's awfully nice to have a meal with so many different foods to try. The only problem is running out of room on my plate!

For more Menu Plan Monday, visit Org Junkie.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin