Thursday, November 5, 2009

Freezer Cooking, Day 2

I have to say, I am glad to be done with this extra cooking! I love the principle of freezer cooking, and the fact that I'm actually saving time and energy in the long run, but I'm ready to have a (relatively) clean house and kitchen again.

Yesterday we had some other things going on, so I wasn't able to focus very much on things in the kitchen. But I did get some cooking done in the morning, and then in the evening I was able to get everything packaged and put in the freezer. So, in addition to what I fixed Tuesday, here's what I ended up with:
Vegetarian chili - triple batch
cooked kidney bean - 6 (2-cup) containers
cooked white beans - 6 (2-cup) containers
Pumpkin muffins - I baked these in the evening while I was packaging the beans and chili
A random bag of extra chopped onions that I'll put in the freezer

I had hoped to get the rice and beans from yesterday wrapped into tortillas, but I ran out of plastic wrap so I'll have to do that later. But I should be all set (maybe?!) on cooked beans for the rest of the month, and also on lunches for Tom. And that, my friends, is a good feeling.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin