Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Closet Office

We have been doing lots of rearranging here at our house. We've known for a long time that we would eventually need to turn our office into a bedroom for the boys, and the time has come. The only problem was where to keep my computer, and where Tom could work on days that he works from home. So we set up a desk in our bedroom for Tom. And for me? Behold, the closet office:
Or, "cloffice", as one old friend would call it. I love this for so many reasons.
  • The desk is at standing height, so there will be no more little baby hands grabbing the keyboard or mouse.
  • Standing at my desk during the day will help keep me from spending more time at the computer than I should (we're planning to find a stool that I can use in the evenings when I do need to take more time at the computer).
  • Tom was able to fashion this out of materials that we already had on hand, so there's very little extra cost for this new set-up.
  • I can close the door and get away from the screen, or the mess, or whatever may pile up here.
Creative use of our space - that definitely works for me!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin