Un-nesting? Anti-nesting? Outing? Well, whatever it is, that's what I'm doing. We're down to about a week left before baby arrives, and I am antsy to get out! This is rather uncharacteristic for me. I'm usually something of a homebody who is content to stay in. And as a homemaker, I've found that I genuinely need to be home if I'm going to do all the homemaker-ish things that need to be done.
But for the past couple of weeks I just haven't wanted to stay home. I took the kids to the park twice this week - and I usually only take them maybe twice in a month. Last night I went out with two friends for tapas. And then this morning Tom and I and the kids stopped by the farmer's market, then went to Ikea, where we indulged in some shopping AND got to enjoy a free breakfast. On Labor Day we'll go to watch Tom run in a road race and probably watch a local parade. And I've got plenty more running around in mind for these last few days before I go into labor. Whew!
I can't blame this entirely on the fact that this is my last week of easy mobility before we welcome this new baby. The weather has been absolutely gorgeous, and I know that all too soon we'll be hunkering down for another long winter here. I probably am trying to squeeze out as much sunshine and fresh air as I can before the weather starts to keep us indoors.
The nest here hasn't been entirely neglected. I've got tiny sleepers and diapers all folded and ready to go. The birth supplies are sitting waiting for the excitement to begin. And I'm sure I'll find a few more excuses to get out, then I'll be ready to settle in and get acquainted with our newest family member.