
I've read Baby Catcher during my last two pregnancies, and while I feel compelled to read it again because of that, I'm also looking forward to giving it another read-through. The book chronicles the adventures of a home birth midwife in California, and the birth stories range from hilarious to awe-inspiring to heartbreaking. Certainly the full gamut of what birth can entail.

My other must-read for pregnancy is Birthing From Within. I read this one before Silas was born, and I can't say enough about how much it helped me prepare for his birth.
Our midwife (J) will be here tomorrow morning for a home visit. I'm anxious to make sure baby is positioned correctly and to see if everything is still coming along alright. J is also bringing some of our birth supplies and a birth pool, which makes it feel like we really will be welcoming this little one soon!
I still have a lot to do to get ready. We need to get down baby clothes and our stash of cloth diapers. I need to locate the carriers I like for the newborn stage. Doing some freezer cooking has been on the agenda for a while now, if I can ever get around to doing it! And it still feels like there's quite a bit of shopping left for odds and ends for the birth. I imagine we'll stay busy enough that the next few weeks will go by quickly. But for now I think I'll get to this reading!