Saturday, September 27, 2008

Randomness

My friend Becky tagged me for this fun meme.

Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post (Becky only tagged five, so I'm giving myself permission to only tag 5 as well).
5. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know your entry is up.

So, here goes...

1. I'm really frugal...probably too frugal sometimes, if that's possible. I usually put off making purchases until it's absolutely necessary, just because I don't like spending the money. I'd rather have the money in savings than have the clothes/shoes/gadgets/stuff. (And as a result I'm usually pretty outdated!)

2. I'd love to live in the country and have a big garden and fruit trees. And lots of space for the kids to play outside.

3. I'm never quite sure how to define how it is our family eats, but I guess you could say we're "healthy flexitarians". We don't usually eat meat, but that's only for health reasons. Tom and I do both enjoy the occasional cheeseburger, and we're all about the turkey on Thanksgiving. But I rarely get meat when I buy groceries. And by rarely, I mean maybe 6 times a year.

4. Tom and I got married at the top of what was, at the time, the tallest building in Hong Kong. And fortunately that day it wasn't smoggy and the view was great!

5. I love black jelly beans. I know, it's strange.

6. When I turned 30 this year, I learned to knit. I'm not sure I'm cut out to be a knitter, though. Something about all the counting. And I think I got turned off by possibly needing to buy so many knitting needles for different projects. Maybe knitting isn't the best hobby for someone who's overly frugal? But I haven't given up on it entirely. I'll probably try my hand at knitting something this winter.

So there's some randomness for ya. And here's who I'm tagging:

Brooke

Jessica

Dena


Meghan

Charissa
Blog Widget by LinkWithin