Isaac turned 16 days old yesterday, and it was our first day to leave the house (well, besides stepping out to get the mail or enjoying the weather in the backyard).
And our first trip out? A visit to the lactation consultant. Isaac just wasn't having enough dirty diapers, so I figured we'd better check things out and see what might be the problem. He's back up to his birth weight, plus an ounce, so that was okay. And we checked my supply by weighing him before and after eating, and he got 4 ounces, so that's totally fine too.
Seems maybe he's just kind of a slow, sleepy nurser, and with Millie and Silas to distract me I just haven't been letting him nurse long enough to get the fatty milk that he needs, as that comes at the end of a feeding. So, I'm making it the big priority around here to settle in and let Isaac nurse as long as he wants.