I always feel guilty when this happens. Here my oregano has gone to seed. And if it's not oregano then it's my cilantro or basil. It just feels wasteful; like I should have come up with enough recipes that would have used my bumper crop of oregano, or I should have picked it all and dried it. But there are only so many hours in the day, and it's easy to let the task of harvesting fresh herbs linger at the bottom of the to-do list. So the silver lining is that at least my negligence results in something nice to look at. I even cut a few of these stems to put in with some cut flowers. The pale purple was a nice addition.
Friday, July 11, 2008
At least the flowers are pretty
I always feel guilty when this happens. Here my oregano has gone to seed. And if it's not oregano then it's my cilantro or basil. It just feels wasteful; like I should have come up with enough recipes that would have used my bumper crop of oregano, or I should have picked it all and dried it. But there are only so many hours in the day, and it's easy to let the task of harvesting fresh herbs linger at the bottom of the to-do list. So the silver lining is that at least my negligence results in something nice to look at. I even cut a few of these stems to put in with some cut flowers. The pale purple was a nice addition.