I'm feeling good, and I think this was the "shortest" first trimester of any of my pregnancies. We were just so busy. We found out we were pregnant on Thanksgiving, and after that there was the rush of the holidays, which also included all three kids having chicken pox, and a trip half-way across the country to visit family in Texas. Really, it was just a crazy couple of months. One day in December I was out Christmas shopping, with my list in hand and thoughts about planning and packing swirling through my brain, and I walked past the maternity clothes in Target and thought, "Oh yeah, I'm pregnant!"
But, now that we're back into a more calm routine at home, we have had time to really absorb this idea that we'll be welcoming a brand-new little person into our family in August. And we are all just so joyful and thankful. We got to hear the heartbeat this past week, which is such an amazing thing, even the fourth time around. There really is someone in there, with a little heart beating away. I heard someone say recently, that the more babies they have, the more they love their babies. And I think that's true for me. I know I'm already smitten.
This post is linked to: