My other discovery was making coconut rice. I usually make brown rice to accompany the vegetable stir-fry, and this time I substituted coconut milk for half of the water. My main experience with coconut rice was in Thailand, served as more of a dessert along with fresh mango. So I wasn't too sure how it would taste with the savory stir-fry. There was no need to worry. It was amazing.
Alright, so on to the coming week. Here's what I've got planned:
Monday - Pasta primavera
Tuesday - Hearty supper salad
Wednesday - Stir fry with peanut butter sauce
Thursday - Roasted Vegetables
Friday - Veggie pot pie
Saturday - Coconut curry tofu
The only thing that might change is that we may go out to eat one night. Millie only has a few pages left in her lowercase letters workbook, and we've promised her the outing of her choice once she completes it. She is completely devoted to Sweet Tomatoes, so that's where we'll go once she finishes. I like to tell myself that she likes Sweet Tomatoes because it's healthy, since Millie does really like salad.
But the truth is that it's the one restaurant where she's guaranteed dessert. That's my girl!
Be sure to visit Organizing Junkie for more menu planning inspiration. Hope your week is off to a great start!