Sunday, March 15, 2009

Menu Plan - Week of March 16

This weekend actually felt like spring! It was sunny and mild here. We spotted two male cardinals in the yard on Saturday, then today noticed that the tulips in front of our house are just starting to come up! We spent a lot of time outside today - went to the park, the kids rode bikes, and we even got into the garden and direct seeded some spinach and peas. We may still see snow here before it's all said and done, but I'll take a weekend like we had for the blessing that it is, and trust that there will be plenty more beautiful days to come.

Now, on to meal planning. Of last week's meals, the veggie pot pie was surely the biggest hit. I mean, come on, you just can't beat homemade pie crust. But the coconut curry tofu was a close second. I will try to post the curry recipe soon. I make it different every time, though the sauce is usually the same, so I will at least share that in the near future. Here's the plan for this week:

Monday - Pasta with roasted veggies
Tuesday - Hearty supper salad, spinach pie
Wednesday - Bean burgers, cole slaw
Thursday - Stir-fried veggies, baked tofu
Friday - Corn chowder
Saturday - Homemade mac and cheese

Hope your week is off to a great start!

Menu Plan Monday is being hosted at $5 Dinners this week.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin