Monday, June 23, 2008

Summer Treats

Summertime calls for - popsicles, what else?! Or "pops", as Millie likes to call them. She had high hopes that we would make three different kinds over the weekend, but we only got around to one batch. We made some fudgesicles, based on a recipe by Joel Fuhrman.

Fudgesicles
2 ripe bananas
1 cup raw cashews
1 tablespoon cocoa powder

Simply combine all in a blender and blend until smooth. Then spoon into popsicle molds and freeze. That's it! Very simple and so yummy. I know that this probably looks too "healthy" to be very good, but the fudgesicles come out very creamy and rich, thanks to the healthy fats in the cashews. The main key is having a powerful blender that will blend the cashews to a smooth consistency. So if you have a blender that can do the job, you're in for a treat! Oh, and this only makes 4 small popsicles, so it's not a bad idea to double the recipe. I think I will next time.

Millie's other requests were orange pops and cherry pops. I don't have a recipe for either, but I'll probably just create some combinations of bananas, orange juice, and frozen cherries. Mmmmmm.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin