Our makeshift laundry line is now up and in use. I've been wanting to line-dry clothes since the weather warmed up. But it wasn't until our ancient dryer started acting up that I was finally motivated to make it happen. As much as hanging clothes outside may seem like an inconvenience, I've found that there are several benefits that make it a worthwhile use of my time. I haven't had to run the dryer for several days now, so I'm anticipating some monetary savings. The diapers pictured above are looking whiter than they have in a long time thanks to some good, old-fashioned bleaching from the sun. Plus I have a good reason to step out and get some fresh air and sunshine a bit more often in my day. The line also sags just enough that Millie has been my enthusiastic helper (at times!).
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Laundry Line
Our makeshift laundry line is now up and in use. I've been wanting to line-dry clothes since the weather warmed up. But it wasn't until our ancient dryer started acting up that I was finally motivated to make it happen. As much as hanging clothes outside may seem like an inconvenience, I've found that there are several benefits that make it a worthwhile use of my time. I haven't had to run the dryer for several days now, so I'm anticipating some monetary savings. The diapers pictured above are looking whiter than they have in a long time thanks to some good, old-fashioned bleaching from the sun. Plus I have a good reason to step out and get some fresh air and sunshine a bit more often in my day. The line also sags just enough that Millie has been my enthusiastic helper (at times!).