One of Millie's favorite recipes last week was the Rainbow Raisin Cole Slaw. Here she is busily mixing it together:
Have you ever seen a kid so happy about cole slaw?
This week we'll be eating lots of salad, since we now have a great crop of lettuce, spinach, and radishes ready in our garden. I'm planning to do a main dish salad one night this week, and I'm sure we'll also be doing some salads for lunch and as sides. Can I tell you how much I love being able to step outside and harvest lettuce, then sit down to eat it within the hour? It doesn't get any fresher than that!
So, here's how the menu plan is shaping up:
Sunday - pretend soup, leftovers, snacks
Monday - Hearty Supper Salad
Tuesday - Roasted vegetables, cole slaw
Wednesday - Veggie chili
Thursday - Breakfast for supper - hashbrowns, smoothies
Friday - Sweet potato risotto
Saturday - Pasta, chickpeas & peas in lemon sauce
I'm planning to post some garden pictures this week, so be sure to check back in!
For more menu plans, visit Organizing Junkie.