- 1 -
Tonight we had the first salad of the spring with lettuce from our garden. All the lettuce is growing really well, so it looks like we'll be eating a lot of salad for a while now.- 2 -
On the opposite end of the nutrition spectrum, Tom just bought some Mt. Dew and Pepsi Throwback. It's a limited-time release of Mt. Dew and Pepsi using an old recipe from years ago. So, instead of high-fructose corn syrup, it's sweetened with plain old sugar. I sampled both, even though I usually make a point of avoiding caffeine. I was not disappointed.- 3 -
Isaac has three teeth now, two on bottom and one on top. The other top front tooth looks like it will come through any day now. He seemed to be really uncomfortable last week before the top tooth came through, but now he's back to his normal, happy self.- 4 -
Local farmer's market begins this weekend! Looking forward to supporting local farmers in the area, and hoping that I'll find some garlic scapes.- 5 -
I may be getting back into running. I've been inspired by Tom's consistency with his running. While I was a runner in my pre-mom life, I've hardly ran at all since Millie was born almost 6 years ago. I ran a couple of times this week and it felt okay except my knees are pretty sore. But I'd love to get back to it.- 6 -
My niece was born last week! My sister and her husband welcomed their fourth child to their family, a baby girl named Caliah. We hoped to go see her last weekend, but the kids had fevers so we didn't make the trip.- 7 -
Tonight I was struck by how much difference a year makes when kids are so young. Last year at this time it seemed Millie could barely manage to ride a bike with training wheels without getting distracted and steering right off the sidewalk. Now she can ride her bike without training wheels, and she is so confident as she zooms down our block. I can hardly believe how much bigger and stronger she is this summer.This post is linked to Conversion Diary. If you've never read any of Jennifer's posts, head over there now and look around. It's good stuff!