Isaac is three months old as of yesterday. He's been smiling and starting to really make some good noises. I took him to our family doctor last week and he weighed in at 15 pounds, 9 ounces. He's 95th percentile for weight, and 90th percentile for height.
Now that we're past the "4th trimester" he definitely has a predictable routine. And I've been very fortunate this time around to have a baby who sleeps great at night. He's been sleeping a good 9-10 hour stretch for about a month now. When I told our family doctor, she said, "Wow! How did you get him to do that?!" (Did I mention that we really like our family doctor?) But I can't take credit for the good sleep. And I know that it may not last, so I'll enjoy it while I can.
Our doctor also said something at that visit that I really appreciated. I don't even remember the context now, but it was something to the effect of, "But, since you're a mom of three you probably know that already." She was essentially recognizing that I have learned a thing or two during the countless hours I have spent learning about this role called motherhood. And I know that I'm not an expert - far from it, really. But still it was nice to get a little bit of recognition for what I have learned. Any mom knows that there's precious little recognition that comes with this position!
Okay, I'm off to kiss those sweet, fat baby cheeks. It's one of the best benefits of the job!