Finally, we are home again, home again. We've been out of town for the past 2 weeks, traveling to and through the great state of Texas to spend the holidays with Tom's family. Considering the many hours we spent driving, the whole trip went really well. I suppose the only glitch was that both Silas and Isaac came down with chicken pox. So it was a fairly low-key Christmas with keeping the boys in at Gran's house for the week. But the boys recovered just fine, we spent New Year's visiting my family, and now we are back in the freezing cold temperatures here at home. But still, it's good to be home. And, it's good to get back into a routine. I enjoyed a bit of a break from cooking, but I'm ready to get back to our veggie routine here at home. This week I'm falling back on a lot of my basic dishes:
peanut butter stir-fry, baked tofu
potato kale soup
roasted veggies
rice and beans
vegetable pot pie
So, nothing too exciting this week, but I am hoping to try some new dishes in the coming weeks. Hope your week (and year!) is off to a great start.